All organized training clinics prior to July 1st start at 8AM on Saturday. After July 1st, training clinics start at 7AM. We strongly encourage you to arrive early to give your dogs a chance to get out of the vehicles and to get yourself organized. The training clinics will be conducted as they have been in the past, where all handlers will sign up for the fields and water at the trailer on a first-come, first-served basis. Regardless of running order or program, all members are encouraged to help out new members.
Please be advised that EVERY member and individual attending training must sign a Release of Liability form. There will be no exceptions. Anyone who fails to comply with this policy will not be permitted to train with the Keystone Chapter or utilize its permits.
Please follow all of these rules to ensure that we have a safe and enjoyable training weekend:
- Pre-register for each training day: Training Registration Form
- Wear blaze orange as required for all participants (hat and vest)
- Sign out and return any chapter equipment to the trailer
- Dispose of all dead birds and trash properly
- Keep your dogs on a leash or in a kennel when not engaged in training activities
- Only approved gunners are permitted to shoot live rounds
- Band all ducks and pheasants…the chapter typically has bands available for sale
- Follow all PA Game Commission Rules and Regulations
- Maintain active membership in NAVHDA International
- Maintain active membership in the Keystone Chapter, or other approved NAVHDA International chapter
**Click Here for a handy Training Day Checklist**
As part of our training clinic improvement program all handlers/trainers will be required to fill out the Training Registration Form by the TUESDAY BEFORE each of the scheduled training clinics. Failure to do so may result in limiting your time in the field and/or water to accommodate those who have signed up.
The objective of this program is to maximize productive time and eliminate down time during the training weekends by effectively managing the resources, trainers, helpers, equipment, and land use.